In-System Device Programmer
The single-channel CPI2-B1 device programmer as well as the CPI2-Gx gang programmer belongs to the ChipProg-ISP2 series of Phyton in-system device programmers. ChipProg-ISP2 device programmers are intended for use in test fixtures and other types of Automated Test Equipment (ATE). The CPI2-B1 programmer can also be used for development and field service.
The standard CPI2-B1 kit includes a software package that enables standalone control, as well as computer control by graphical user interface (GUI) or command line. More sophisticated methods of control, such as use of Application Control Interface, SDK, On-the-Fly control utility and integration with NI LabVIEW software, are accessible with the CPI2-ACI license, which is sold separately.
This basic software allows programming of a variety of serial memory devices and some 8- and 16-bit microcontrollers, support of which is covered by a free Basic Device Library license. Support of more complex microcontrollers and PLDs requires purchasing one or more CPI2-D-XXXX target-specific device library licenses.
CPI2-ACI and CPI2-D-XXXX licenses tie to a unique serial number of the CPI2-B1 hardware. The licenses can be purchased with a device programmer or separately at a later time. For previously purchased programmers, Phyton delivers license codes via email. The licensee may then activate the additional license in the GUI to enable further capabilities and support.
Suggested retail prices are published in the catalog, where customers can place an online order, or request a quote or proforma invoice for wire transfer. Volume discounts are automatically applied and displayed in the process of ordering.
Major Features – available in the standard CPI2-B1 kit
- Extremely fast.
- Operate in standalone mode or computer controlled mode.
- Drive up to 72 programmers from one PC in the gang mode.
- Each programmer in a gang cluster works independently.
- Programmers running in the gang mode support multiple projects running concurrently for programming different device types on same target.
- Synchronous and asynchronous launch modes.
- Programs devices with Vcc from 1.2V to 5.5V.
- Supports JTAG, SWD, SPI, SCI, I²C, UART, and other interfaces.
- Program some devices over long distance – up to 5m (~15ft).
- USB 2.0 High Speed and LAN communication interfaces.
- Intuitive, user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI).
- Simplified graphical user interface for use by unskilled personnel.
- Stores up to 256 standalone projects on a built-in SD card.
- Up to 32 standalone projects can be launched by ATE signals.
- Create programming scripts with included scripting language.
- Reliable data and project settings protection.
- Tamperproof software and firmware.
- Palm-size unit mountable onto a DIN rail.
Optional Accessories and Licensed Features Offering Enhance Capabilities
- Opto-isolated programming and control signals (with CPI2-ISO option).
- Application Control Interface (ACI) and SDK (with CPI2-ACI license).
- Enables control from programs in C, C++, C#, Visual Basic (with CPI2-ACI license).
- Enables control from National Instrument® LabVIEW™ (with CPI2-ACI license).
- On-the-fly utility allows controlling already launched programmer (with CPI2-ACI license).
Implementations and Mechanical Options
- Palm-size unit in a plastic enclosure.
- Includes removable plastic bracket for mounting on a standard 35 mm DIN rail.
- High Speed USB 2.0 (480Mbps).
- 100 Mbit/s Ethernet – both dynamic and static IP addresses are supported.
- Comprehensive, user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI).
- User-configurable simplified interface for use by unskilled personnel.
- Command line.
- Integration with National Instruments® LabVIEW™ Software.
- Application Control Interface (ACI) and Software Development Kit (SDK).
- On-the-fly control utility allows changing commands in already launched and running programmer without stopping.
- Script language for making custom user-defined scripts.
- From ATE – start/stop and status signals.
- Can be launched manually or automatically by closing the fixture lid.
Project and Configuration Management
- Unlimited number of projects can be created, stored and quickly invoked for launching.
- Built-in SD card stores up to 32 standalone projects for fast project switching.
- Interface configurations, colors, fonts, sounds, hot keys, and other settings can be stored and quickly retrieved.
Data Security & User’s IP Protection
- Tamperproof software and firmware.
- Project files are securely protected against unauthorized access and modification.
- Data integrity – all data transfers between PC and programmer are accompanied with CRC sum.
Power Source Options
- External power adapter 5V@1A – not included in the CPI2-B1 kit.
- Can be powered by a computer’s USB communication port.
Power for Targets
- Target board may be powered from external sources as well as from the programmer.
- When powered from a 5V power adapter, CPI2-B1 can provide Vcc (1.2 to 5.5V @ up to 350mA) and Vpp (1.2 to 15V @ up to 80mA) voltages for target boards.
- Supports loading and saving files in all popular formats.
- Unlimited number of data buffers can be open simultaneously.
- Arithmetic operations on data blocks in buffers.
- Programmable serialization of target devices.
- Multiple serialization algorithms, including script-controlled ones.
- Allows writing of user-defined signatures and data blocks into target devices.
- Several different algorithms available for checksum calculation.
- Special DLL for user-defined checksum calculation.
- Stores logs of programming sessions with time-stamping.
- Easy to use GUI editor for device-specific settings and algorithm parameters, such as fuses, lock bits, protected sectors, boot loader vectors, clock frequency, etc.
- Displays a target device connection diagram right from the GUI.
- Comprehensive self-test and diagnostic procedures.
Target Interface Signals
- Two inputs/outputs individually programmable as TTL logic I/O, GND, or Vcc or Vpp.
ATE Control Signals
- output status signals: BUSY, GOOD and ERROR;
- five inputs for selection of one of 32 pre-loaded standalone projects (jobs);
- one low-current logic output for driving the above project selection inputs;
- three GND lines.
- 114 x 73 x 32 mm (~4.49 x 2.88 x 1.25 in) – without a mounting bracket.
- Microsoft® Windows™ XP, 7, 8 and 10.